How To Reset A HP Jetdirect 300X To Default
These instructions explain how to reset a HP Jetdirect 300X to its factory default settings. The HP Jetdirect 300X is a self contained print server around the size of an A5 book and is useful for parallel port only printers to the network.
First off, a configuration page can be produced by pressing the Test button on the Jetdirect device itself then releasing it.
To reset the device to its default:
- Remove the power and all other cables leading in to the Jetdirect
- Leave the device powered down for about 30 seconds
- Re-apply the power lead
- Wait a couple of minutes
- Connect the parallel cable
- Produce a configuration page to double check the device has been reset
- Re-connect the network cable
This tip was brought to you by Jason Slater Technology Blog